Summer Hibiscus Tea with Mint and Jalapeño
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup dried hibiscus flowers
- ½ cup sugar
For 1 Cocktail
- ¼ cup hibiscus syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice (about 1 regular lime)
- 1 ounce HHA vodka
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced into rounds
- A few mint sprigs
- 1 lime, thinly sliced into wheels
In a saucepan, add ½ cup sugar to 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Add dried hibiscus and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a jar or glass container and chill until cold (about 30 minutes). Can be made up to 2 weeks ahead.
Make the Cocktail:
- Sugar the rim of the glass.
- Add ice, chilled hibiscus syrup, lime juice, HHA vodka and honey to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add the prepared ice to a highball glass. Twist a few leaves of mint and add to the glass along with 2 or 3 slices of jalapeño, and a lime wheel.
Share your cocktail creation by tagging @hellshalfacrevodka and using hashtag #HHAVodka